I had a break in the schedule the other day and some scrap wood laying around, so I decided to try a new joint. I have used dove tails before, but the half blind dove tails looked a little intimidating. My wife sent me a book all about joinery so I read what it had to say about the joint and then gave it a try.
Cutting the tails was easy, they just don’t go as deep. I think I will go further than half the thickness of the pin board next time though. The picture below was taken while removing the waste from the pin board. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.
Here are a couple pictures of the finished joint. It isn’t perfect, but not too bad for my first time. Excuse all the nail holes, I was working with some scraps from an old crate.